A few days ago I stepped out of the side door of my rather derelict Chateau (which faces south) and was immediately drawn to a tightly curved cloud in the sky. It looked dramatically different to ‘conventional’ clouds, with the curved part facing east and the straighter sides then going west. The eastern edge was almost black, and the west elements bright white in the sunlight. Streaks (which I later saw as feathers) were spilling off of the eastern edge. I followed the nearest ‘arm’ and saw that it led to a second curve, one that turned 180 degrees and pointed back at me, ending in a somewhat rounded point.
I then followed the further arm. It also curved back, and went further east than the central curve. It, too, turned back, passing east to west until, at the horizon, there was a large serpentine-looking head, very clearly defined. I stared in surprise – here, right above me, was a massive feathered serpent in the sky! The tree line around my place is high, at around 100 feet, forming a great circle well above the (invisible) sky line. The serpent filled it!
I contemplated this, wondering about the meaning. I emailed a close friend, who amongst her many spiritual talents is a past life therapist – and an excellent interpreter of signs. After discussing it, she suggested I do some research to collect key meanings, which I proceeded to do.
My question was simple: What is the meaning of the feathered serpent I recently saw filling the sky?
This is the information I found:
The serpent is a higher expression of the snake. There are several parallel meanings:
1) The snake sheds his skin as he grows. This symbolizes death and re-birth.
2) The serpent, being feathered can fly high. It portends the ascension process.
3) It is an integration of duality – the snake crawls on the earth but the feathers give the serpent the ability to soar to the skies. It represents bondage to the Earth and release to the skies
4) The feathered serpent was regarded as a/the creator god in South America, and the most famous of its names was Quetzalcohuātl.
5) He is the god of intelligence and self-reflection
6) He is the patron of priests
7) He symbolises the freedom to roam – he can move through land, sea and air
8) “Free in bondage”. This is psychological release. Mythologically speaking, the shackles fall without leaving your wrists.
9) In the Buddhist tradition this is the one who is known as the bodhisattva, the one whose being is illumination.
10) In Christianity the equivalent symbol to the feathered serpent is the flying fish
11) The parallel Christian metaphysical understanding is of the Crucifixion of Christ. Triumphant, with his eyes open, voluntarily on the cross - and in duality, that's where we all are right now with the great turmoil of our time.
12) When you can deeply identify yourself with either symbology, you are released. The bird flight linked to the serpent’s earthly bondage in one powerful image of final release. Similarly with higher meaning of the crucifiction…
13) …which, of course, leads to the ascension, something we have immediately ahead of us.
I sent these notes to my friend, and these were her comments:
“That is excellent insight. I feel the interpretations you have listed are all facets of the same diamond, meaning these are all correct and reflect your spiritual evolutionary journey.
“No 8, in particular, resonates: freedom from bondage.
“I feel this reflects the outer expression (locked down yet free) and the spiritual archetype: overcoming the world, also found in the Christ, no 11. No 11, of course, also symbolizes the end, completion, or perfection. Christ did not need to continue the cycle of death and rebirth. He was complete.
“Do you remember we used to discuss the idea of the ascended volunteer? This referenced a level of completion achieved by advanced souls in the past, but due to free choice and compassion, these souls chose to return to this earth to serve at this challenging time.
“You could not have been shown a more mystical, profound symbol. I also feel this picture in the Sky was produced or coordinated from your own higher self.
“Although this experience is deeply personal, is it something you would choose to write about and post on RMN? It is such an extraordinary example of synchronicity, rather like you reflecting the greater truth back to yourself about you, and using the canvas in the sky to show you...it’s breathtaking.”
While this may well relate to me personally, this imagery is also a message for all those who are aware of the current ascension process, and intent upon it!