Julian Assange had originally planned to address the world from the balcony of the Ecuadorian embassy in London on Monday
He was due to speak at the tenth anniversary of the founding of WikiLeaks
Assange will instead speak video link to an event in Berlin on Tuesday
The organisation earlier released information hacked from the Democrats
It came as a new report claimed Clinton had proposed a drone strike to take out Assange in 2010
By Darren Boyle for MailOnline and Khaleda Rahman For Dailymail.com
Published: 03:07 EST, 3 October 2016 | Updated: 14:19 EST, 3 October 2016
e-mail
3k shares
1.1k
View comments
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange cancelled a planned appearance to mark the 10th anniversary of his organization from the balcony of the Ecuadorian embassy in London over security fears on Monday.
He had been planning to give a speech - amid claims he was about to release damaging information about Clinton which some claimed could be an 'October Surprise' which would swing the presidential election.
However, Assange, who is wanted by Swedish authorities for questioning in connection with an alleged rape, will make an announcement via video link to an event in Berlin on Tuesday morning.
In a tweet on Monday afternoon, WikiLeaks said Assange's speech in London was moved to Berlin due to 'specific information' but did not elaborate further.
Scroll down for video
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, pictured here in February on the balcony of the Ecuadorian embassy in London, had been planning to address a press conference later this week
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, pictured here in February on the balcony of the Ecuadorian embassy in London, had been planning to address a press conference later this week
In a tweet on Monday afternoon, WikiLeaks said Assange's speech in London was moved to Berlin due to 'specific information' but did not elaborate further
In a tweet on Monday afternoon, WikiLeaks said Assange's speech in London was moved to Berlin due to 'specific information' but did not elaborate further
Donald Trump's former right-hand man Roger Stone claimed the new WikiLeaks revelations would destroy Clinton's campaign.
In August this year, Assange told Fox News that he was holding information on Clinton which yielded 'some quite unexpected angles, that are quite interesting, some even entertaining'.
He said he would release the information before the November 8 election.
RELATED ARTICLES
Previous
1
Next
Powerful Hurricane Matthew predicted to hit Haiti on Tuesday Kim Kardashian is 'tied up' at gunpoint in Paris apartment...
Share this article
Share
Assange claimed the information could alter the election result, adding: 'I think it's significant. It depends on how it catches fire in the public and in the media.'
Meanwhile, a new report claims that Clinton once proposed a military drone strike to take out Assange in a bid to silence WikiLeaks.
Clinton discussed the possible assassination while she was Secretary of State in a meeting with her staff in 2010 about how to prevent a WikiLeaks document dump dubbed ‘CableGate,’ TruePundit reports.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3819237/Is-October-Surprise-cancelled-WikiLeaks-scraps-event-Julian-Assange-release-damaging-information-Hillary-Clinton.html
: Julian Assange canceled a dramatic London balcony address on
: Tuesday in favor of a video presentation in Berlin after
: WikiLeaks developed "specific information"
: regarding Assange's safety, the leaked emails clearinghouse
: tweeted on Monday afternoon.
: Some believe the video announcement by the WikiLeaks founder
: could be an "October surprise" geared towards the
: U.S. presidential election. Supporters of GOP presidential
: candidate Donald Trump have said they believe the
: announcement will be damaging to the candidacy of
: Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.
: fox video at link:
: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/03/will-wikileaks-assange-delay-october-surprise-announcement.html